Diana, over at Part Time Monster, did this post FOREVER AGO. I wanted to do it then, but had others things planned. So, now I can get to it!
This is just a fun post about 21 things I don’t particularly care for.
- Zombies. Hate them. HATE.
- Feet. Not a fan. Poor Mr. LL always wants his sore footsies rubbed and I just squirm.
- ALL CAPS IN AN EMAIL OR TEXT MESSAGE. Seriously, unless you would literally yell what you are saying to me, don’t use it.
- The font Comic Sans. It’s not cute.
- While we are on the topic, the font Curlz. These two fonts, seriously, need to be retired.
- Putting images in your professional email signature. I get a lot of emails, as a graphic designer, that have images attached to them for use in ads, promotional pieces, editorial, etc. I cannot stand having to deal with accidentally downloading your stupid image or being duped into thinking that you did attach what I needed, but only to find the only attachment is your signature.
- My slowly-developing lactose intolerance. 😦 The older I get, the less dairy I can consume.
- Needles. I hate having blood work done or getting shots. I’ve been better about it as I’ve gotten older, but I still can’t look.
- Surgery. I’ve been putting off my wisdom teeth for over a decade now. >.>
- People who flake. Seriously, if you say you’re down for something, then do it. If you know you are gonna hermit-out, then don’t commit. Simple as that. Now, I flake too, but it’s usually because my schedule and Mr. LL’s is never stable and reliable (especially these days).
- White objects shot on a white background. If you are going for something artsy, go for it. But if I have to cut out said-object, use a contrasting background!
- When someone takes FOREVER to respond to my text or email, and then get in a huff when I don’t immediately respond to them. Hey, I sent that to you when I was available and now, hours/days/weeks later, I’m not available to stop what I’m doing and reply.
- How long it takes for my ipsy package to arrive. I wish I got it at the start of the month.
- How Birchbox, suddenly, started having amazing boxes now that I’ve cancelled my subscription.
- When my hands just feel dirty. I’m not OCD by any means, but when my hands just feel dirty, I cannot function. I have to go wash them.
- Same goes for my feet. And living in the South, where wearing sandals and flip-flops is an almost everyday necessity, my feet get pretty dirty. #grocerystorefeet
- Having to cancel plans. Unless I really didn’t want to do it in the first place.
- Driving to a place I’ve never been to before, especially if it’s in the French Quarter.
- Having to meet friends, by myself, in the French Quarter. (I don’t know that I “irrationally hate” this one, as much as it gives me HUGE anxiety.)
- Not being able to find a pen/pencil. And I don’t mean not being able to find a writing instrument. I mean not being able to find a pen when I want to use a pen, and not being able to find a pencil when I specifically need a pencil.
- Never being able to find cute things with my name on them (my name is LYN, spelled with one N; everything with my name on it is spelled LYNN).