I don’t remember where I saw this recipe and I’ve made it so many times over the years that it is now just done by memory. It is a great crock-pot dish that can be used in a myriad of ways (which is helpful to keep meal boredom at bay). I’ve eaten it wrapped in tortillas, on top of baked potatoes and last we made it, we ate it with gnocchi.
So here’s what you need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (for my crockpot, three do nicely)
- 1 can of whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz. jar of chunky salsa (I use Pace)
- spices as you prefer; I use cumin or a packet of taco seasoning, usually
In the morning, pull out your crock-pot and insert your raw chicken. Next start adding all the other ingredients on top. Give it a good stir, but don’t worry about stirring the actual chicken on the bottom. Turn the crock-pot on low for 8 hours.
When you get home in the evening, you have a delicious meal waiting for you! I love crock-pot cooking.