Sundays I show you what I’ve purchased as far as food goes for the week. This is so maybe I’ll remember to eat all of it and not have it become features on Food Waste Fridays. Also, maybe I’ll try to cook more because showing you all ramen and canned ravioli every week would be embarrassing.
Ok, so my grocery store runs aren’t always on Sundays these days. However, I’m going to keep posting my purchases on Sundays anyway. This is just an FYI disclaimer, I guess.
Last weekend, I went to Biloxi, MS, for my friend Annie’s birthday party. I went to the store Saturday with my brother, but I just got some stuff for the party and some bare bones groceries to last me. Well, it didn’t last me and when Wednesday rolled around, I had to make a mini store run. I didn’t really have a set list of what to get, just a general idea of what I wanted to eat that night for dinner.
What you see here is:
- A Pepsi (I treat myself to soda when I go to the store. I don’t keep it in the house.)
- Broccoli and carrots
- Cat food
- Southwest Chipotle dressing (I went to the store wanting to get veggies and Spicy Ranch dressing, because that stuff is good to dip raw veggies in; however they apparently don’t make it anymore or my store doesn’t carry it–I haven’t bought any in YEARS–so I decided to get this and try it. It’s pretty good.)
- Cereal bars (had a coupon)
- Turkey sandwich meat
I had planned to make my real store run today, but my brother (who is sans car) needed to go yesterday. Not wanting to deal with actual cooking, I bought easy, heat up food. So, of course, I get in the check out line behind Mr. Produce and feel embarrassed about my groceries.
- Diet Green Tea
- Cool brew mocha coffee (I love this stuff. It’s great when it gets too hot to drink hot coffee here)
- Store brand ziplocs
- Store brand frosted flakes
- Kitty treats
- 2% Milk
- Double Stuff Oreos (only because they were cheaper than the the regular Oreos)
- Mini pizzas
- Ravioli and meatballs
Seriously, I buy groceries like a teenage boy.
(This is posting late because I just now–on Monday night–realized it never posted yesterday. My bad.)