One blog that really pushed me into finally starting this one was Frugal Girl. She has a segment on her blog called Food Waste Friday and she encourages people to join her with this embarrassing show and tell.
Well, as you all know, I am all about shaming/embarrassing myself into becoming less gross and food waste is one of my many faults. So, I decided I’d join her and the others and share my food wastes on here.
Yeah, I just took a picture of the inside of my fridge and marked what’s going away. I didn’t really want to touch any of it, much less put it out on the counter (which is covered with dishes anyway). Plus, I have a lot of food waste for this Friday, I am ashamed to say.
Here’s what you are looking at:
- container of…something (top left)
- REALLY old cheese sauce stuff
- a really gross noodle thing I decided to try
- something from some restaurant
- one wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
- old mayo
- an open old wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
- bell pepper
- Chinese left overs (that’s actually just the box with bits in it; I didn’t want it smelling up my trash)
- an apple…I think
- I have no idea but I’m gonna miss that container (it’s too old and gross in there to save now)
- apple juice
- another empty Chinese left overs box
- bag salad in the drawer…or so it was at one time
- [in the door] eggs
- old Velveeta
- one of these boxes of margarine is old and thrown out
- apple jelly
- parmesan cheese
- ginger beer…that was opened…and almost finished
Oh and let’s not forget the freezer…which is starting to smell funky, too.
- chicken strips
- veggies I tried to save but failed (asparagus and broccolini)
Not pictured is a box of Chex that I tossed out on Wednesday night. They have been open and sitting on the floor by my couch for who knows how long. I tossed them too.
I look at a post like this and I think, “Gee, how am I still single?”